The Dog and His Boy

Well, it's Easter weekend and back-to-back home games for the Penguins and for me, so while the dogs and I have battled through rain, mud and barking over the last week, why talk about all of that?  Easter should be a time of rejoicing, so let's just pause and rejoice in two precious babies growing up together.

We faced some obstacles to bring Sirius and Baby H together: an adoption group who refused to adopt to us because we had a child under the age of 5 for one.  And there are days when I want to pull my hair out trying to keep everything clean enough for a toddler and picked up enough that his toys don't end up as dog toys.  I confess I'm not always successful.  But when I see the joy Baby H gets when the dogs are around (and he's in absolute love with the cat Tum Tum), I realize that there is truly nothing more pure than the love a child and his or her pets can have for one another.

The dogs have had an infinite amount of patience with the baby, and the cat - while maybe not quite an angel - even seems to understand the purity of the innocence of a child and cut him an amazing amount of slack.  Once again, as I often am, I'm reminded are the better nature of children and dogs.  Shouldn't we watch and learn?  I think so.

Growing up, my favorite tale in the Narnia series was The Horse and His Boy.  Therefore, I give you my version:  The Dog and His Boy (with occastionally a couple of other dogs).  I hope they bring a smile to your face, because they often do to mine. 












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts